TO: The Parents of children entering Kindergarten and Sixth Grade in the fall of 2017
Annual Physical Examinations
The Illinois School Code, Section 27-8.1, Chapter 122, requires physical examinations for each child before entering Kindergarten and Sixth Grade in the fall of 2017.
Your child’s Basic Series and latest Boosters must be recorded on the Immunization Section of the physical examination form. Other requirements are as follows:
- A series of 3 Hepatitis B immunizations is required for all 5th grade students.
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) immunizations are required for all kindergarten thru 8th grade students. (New requirement from IL Dept. of Public Health)
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) immunizations are required for all grades. (New requirement from IL Dept. of Public Health)
- Tdap immunization is required for all students entering 6th grade.
- Current TB screening with results is required for all kindergarten, 6th grade and all students new to the district.
- A Lead screening is required for all kindergarten students.
- A Dental exam is required for all kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grade students.
- Diabetes screening results including BMI (body mass index) are required on each completed physical.
- A Vision exam by an eye doctor is required for kindergarten students and new Illinois students.
We encourage you to make your appointments early so that doctors, eye doctors and dentists in the area will be able to accommodate children in all of the neighboring school districts.
Lyons 103 is looking forward to welcoming of our students back to school for a full day of school on Wednesday, August 21, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Janine Grunh, Director of Student Services